A number of factors need to be considered before choosing your subjects for Diploma.
- What subjects am I good at?
- What subjects do I enjoy?
- What subjects do I need to get into university?
When selecting your subjects for a diploma pay in mind that:
- at least three and not more than four subjects must be chosen at higher level (HL) and the others at standard level (SL)
- one subject must be selected from each of groups 1 to 5
- a mathematics subject must be selected from group 5
- the sixth subject may be selected from group 6 or from groups 1 to 4.
A candidate may offer a second group 1 subject instead of a group 2 subject.
Instead of a group 6 subject a candidate may offerm an additional subject chosen from groups 1 to 4
No candidate may count towards the diploma:
- the same subject twice, regardless of whether higher level or standard level
- the same language for group 1 and group 2, or within group 1 or group 2 (for example, English A literature and English B)