Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus
Our students safety is most important to us. Vacation is almost over, and as we know, a lot of the families visited several countries. We as a School keeping us aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak, relaying to the WHO (World Health Organisation) and Centers for the Disease Control and Prevention website and through our national public health authority (Health Board of Estonia) we kindly ask you to read through the suggestions for further actions:
If you have been in the area with ongoing coronavirus transmission (China and Northern Italy, especially in Lombardy, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna and Piedmont regions, Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea) and you do not have any symptoms, do the following:
- Monitor your health for 14 days and contact your doctor immediately by phone if you develop fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- If possible, stay at home (using the opportunity to work from home), the same advice applies to students.
- Avoid public transport and crowded places where possible.
- Use the help of friends, family, or a food courier to replenish your food supplies as needed.
Until the onset of disease symptoms (during the incubation period), the risk of transmission of the infection is low. Also, you cannot be tested for COVID-19 during the incubation period, as laboratory test results are likely to be negative. It is only when the symptoms of the disease appear that the doctor can decide, based on a history of travel and symptoms, whether laboratory testing is necessary.
Protect yourself and others from getting sick
COVID-19 is still affecting mostly people in China with some outbreaks in other countries. Most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others. Take care of your health and protect others by doing the following:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website.
For information specific to healthcare, see CDC’s Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.
Tänavune ball oli Hollywoodi-teemaline
27.05.2011. märtsil toimus kooli aulas järjekordne gümnasistide ball. Kuna tegemist on Audentese juubeliaastaga, korraldati balli tavapärasest suurejoonelisemalt. Tänavust teemat „Hollywood
Üks päev distantsõpet Värska-Otepää liinil
27.05.20On maikuu kolmas nädal. Nagu ikka, algab minu hommik kell 6.30 jooksu ja joogaga. Õues paistab päike, linnud laulavad ja
Uus hankeleping ja uued treenerid
27.05.20Meie spordigümnaasium loodi aastal 2000, kui haridus- ja teadusministeerium sõlmis Audentesega spordikoolitusteenuse lepingu 20 aastaks. See pika tähtajaga leping saab
Õpilased annavad panuse elurikkuse hoidmisele
27.05.20Käesoleval aastal tähistab Eesti looduskaitse 110. juubeliaastat, mis on pühendatud elurikkusele. Elurikas loodus on elujõulisem ja meil kõigil on võimalus